Saturday, June 30, 2012
My favorite everyday beauty products for May & June
I love discovering new and effective beauty products. It's always the best feeling when something that was bought in slight hesitation turns out to be great and so worth it. You see, I'm the type of girl that sticks to that one thing over and over again. If a product worked out wonderfully the first time, most likely I'll just keep rotating it until something else comes along. I've already been using the same mascara, lip gloss, liquid eyeliner, hairspray, and hair mousse for years now!
Here are my new favorites that have been added to my everyday wear-
1. Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush lip gloss- This lip gloss has now become my second favorite other than my everyday Lancome Juicy Tube. At $20 a tube I try to use my Lancome gloss at a minimum, but luckily it stays on and lasts hours. I don't really buy any beauty products from Victoria's Secret, but a friend of mine highly recommended that I try this gloss as a cheaper alternative. I got to say, I love it! It is a sticky formula, however, so for those that don't like the thick gloppy feeling this probably won't do it for you.The glosses come in many flavors and colors in which I chose the Juiced Berry (pictured) and More Mimosa.
2. Clean & Clear Spot Treatment- While this gel doesn't necessarily remove pimples, it does help reduce the redness and size. It's perfect for preventing those small bumps that could possibly turn into a bigger embarrassing one. The only thing is that the smell can be a little over powering especially if used too close to the nose area.
3. ORS Olive Oil Edge Control- This hair wax is PERFECT for holding down those fine baby hairs or used for edge control. I've been using this since last year and I still use it it every single day, especially when working my hair into a neat bun for work. The wax works well in smoothing flyaways and doesn't flake up later on the day. It even washes out easily.
4. Simple Soothing Facial Toner- Before I bought this I was using my Seaweed Toner from the Body Shop. I still use it now but primarily to tone down any facial oiliness. The Simple toner is nice because it actually gets rid of any excess makeup or dirt my face cleanser left behind. It's unscented, really easy on my skin, and even gentle enough to use on my eyelids. There's no stinging or dryness after the application leaving my face feeling nice and refreshed.
5. St. Ives Collagen Elastin body lotion- This lotion is very moisturizing and fast absorbing. I use it especially after shaving my legs to prevent any bumps or razor burn. It doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or oily like some I have experienced in the past. This lotion lasts all day and keeps my skin soft and silky.